This page describes how Porirua Library's Book Club in a Bag operates.
Included in these kits:
• 10 copies of the book
• A binder containing:
▪ Our terms & conditions
▪ Discussion questions to get you started
▪ Author background information
▪ Additional resources for readers
Check out the latest list of titles here.
Here are a few things you need to know about how the Book Club in a Bag kit works:
• Kits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Kits cannot be reserved
• Kits are issued to you for 6 weeks, and can't be renewed.
• At present, you may only borrow one kit at a time. This policy may change at a later date if we buy more kits.
• The kit should be returned by the due date.
• The book group leader or person borrowing the kit is responsible for distributing the books to members then collecting and returning them to the library by the return date. They will also be liable for any charges that may be incurred (see our terms & conditions sheet for what that means).
• Each copy is numbered both on the outside and inside of the book. These will enable you to keep track of the copies given out to the members of your group. There is a form in the folder to use, if you want
• You can make copies of any of the resources contained in the folder for your book group members.
• All copies of the book and the folder must be in the kit when it is returned. If not, the kit will stay issued on the Library card and may incur overdue charges. There is a list of these on the next sheet.
• If you have any queries please contact the library:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 237 1533.
Terms & Conditions
• Only adult borrowers who are Porirua residents may borrow a kit.
• Rental borrowers may not borrow kits.
• No kit may be borrowed by a SMART library outside Porirua.
• The loan period for a Book Club in a Bag is 6 weeks (42 days).
• You cannot renew the kit.
• Kits must be returned to the circulation desk and not put through after-hours slots.
• The kit must be returned with all books in an undamaged state and the binder's contents complete.
• The person borrowing the kit is responsible for making sure the kit is returned by the due date, complete and undamaged.
• All charges incurred will be added to that borrower's record.
• There will be a daily overdue charge of $2.
• If a kit is returned damaged or incomplete (i.e. one or more copies are missing), the borrower is liable to a maximum charge of $200.
• If a kit is not returned the borrower is liable to a maximum charge of $200.
• The borrower will be charged $25.00 for a missing or damaged bag
For a list of current titles, please email the library: email@example.com or telephone: 04 237 1533.
Built By Optimation