The quick 1,2,3 guide to sign up for Beamafilm is:
- Go here: http://porirua.beamafilm.com/
- Enter Library Card number
- Enter Name, Email, & create a Password
(Not your library Pin/ Password – which is usually too short. If you log in via Google or Facebook. Then Beamafilm will use your Google or Facebook password)
Full instructions for Beamafilm:
- Go to the Beamafilm website on your browser and click Sign Up on the top right corner of the website
- Select Use your participating library card
- Start to type <Porirua Library> into the Select your library field
- Login to your library account using your barcode number eg SM123456
- Create your Beamafilm account by filling in your name, email and create a password (or by clicking the Facebook/Google options). You will be taken back to the Beamafilm site to login.
- Login with your email address and password (or FaceBook/Google. If you log in via Google or Facebook. Then Beamafilm will use your Google or Facebook password)
- Browse the movie titles, view trailers and click the heart icon to save your favourites to your account
- Click “View film” to start streaming.
Signing up for Beamafilm via the app
- Download the Beamafilm app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- On the app, click Library Card Access.
- Start to type <Porirua Library> into the Choose Library field.
- Create your Beamafilm account with your name, email and create a password (or Facebook/Google).
- Login with your email address and your created password.(Not your library Pin – which is usually too short. If you log in via Google or Facebook. Then Beamafilm will use your Google or Facebook password)
- Browse the titles, view trailers and click the heart icon to save your favourites. Click VIEW FILM to start streaming.
- Sign up for a library account using your barcode number and password (or Facebook/Google).
Devices you can use:
- Smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac, except where some manufacturers may have imposed limitations.
View videos on your:
- TV by connecting your TV to a computer
- Device via Apple TV, HDMI cable, or Chromecast.
Searching or Browsing:
- Enter a movie or director’s name or a subject.
- Browse by genre under Documentaries, Movies or Subjects.
Sorting or Filtering
- VIEW ALL on the Subjects page.
- Filter by Classification, Country, HD or Closed Caption Films.
- Sort by Recently Added, Popular, Year Released or A-Z.
Changing video quality
- Click the HD button on the bottom right corner of the player window and choose your preferred quality.
- If the quality of the video is low, this is likely due to your internet connection speed or multiple devices on your WiFi.
Adding videos to your Favourites
- Bookmark films by clicking the heart icon on the video image.
- To see the movies that you've bookmarked, click the profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You can resume a video at the point where you paused it before.
- Beamafilm videos are currently only available to stream, not to download.