Need an excuse to get together with a group of friends on a regular basis? Want to challenge yourself to read a bit more? Let's do it!
Have your own literacy circle with the Book Club in a Bag. Have everything you need to inspire your reading group - including sheets of discussion questions.
- 10 copies of a book
- discussion questions
- author background information
- an information sheet and handy form to keep track of who has which book.
Download this PDF to see all the book club titles , the most recent additions feature at the top of the list.
Read the latest👉 List of Book Club titles June 2023
- Bags can only be issued to an adult member who is a Porirua resident.
- Bags are issued for six weeks (42 days), and can't be renewed.
- Bags are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can't be reserved.
- The person borrowing the bag is responsible for distributing the books, then collecting and returning them to the library by the due date.
- They will also be liable for any charges that may be incurred if books are damaged or missing.
- You can make copies of any of the resources contained in the folder for your book group members.
- Each book is numbered, so you can keep track of who has them.
Please bring the bag back to the circulation desk with everything in it.
Please don't put the bag through the after-hours slot 😊
Make sure all 10 books and the folder are returned, so the books won't stay issued on your library card.
Lost whole bag, damaged books or one or more copies are missing
Maximum charge of $200
Missing or damaged carrier bag